Thursday, September 23, 2010

2nd period only: Online response #1

Please respond to the question below by clicking on "comments." Do not use your full name when posting- just initials.  Here is your question:

Of all of our writings which one is your favorite? So far you should have:

  • a narrative writing with picture (autobiographical incident)
  • a food writing paragraph on your favorite food- using sensory details
  • a response (your opinion) to a restaurant review
  • 2nd period- autobiography of your favorite fruit
  • "I am" poem
  • Poem about your narrative incident
  • Daily warm-ups/journals
  • "Mock" writing for who you would be for a day.
RESPOND before Monday 9/27/10 please. 

8 comments:

  1. Teacher example:

    I enjoyed reading the restaurant review and writing my opinion/summary of it. This assignment allowed me to see food writing in a new and exciting way while also letting me incorporate sensory details.
    -T.M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fruit autobiography writing. It was interesting to me so i started writing the fruit autobiography. It was soo fun, I wanted to do more autobiographies about nonliving things. Plus, now that I think about it, all because of Mrs.McNeills cool ideas, she charged me up to write some more and to have fun.


    - D.S.S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the fruit writing,you could twist and turn it any way you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the fruit autobiography idea. It makes me wonder what being born and raised like a fruit would be like. Now that would be something see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved the fruit autobiography it made me wonder if I were a fruit what would I taste like. I know it may seem funny, but it just made me want to eat the paper. I think this gave me a little bit of a challenge I never would have thought to write and autobiography of your favorite fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! Love seeing all of your comments. This feedback is perfect for changing lessons as needed. If something doesn't work- let me know. If you have suggestions to make an assignment better- I'm all ears. Now- get out those digital storytelling project sheets...bum, bum, ba...yes, it's almost that time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely fell in love with the I am poem. It was so much fun reading and writing these poems. It was a good way to express your thoughts and feelings.

    ReplyDelete