STANDARD: ELAW8.2 (DOCUMENTATION OF SOURCES)
EQ: How do I organize and cite textual evidence using Works Cited and parenthetical documentation?
DIRECTIONS: WE ARE GOING TO WORK ON FORMATTING YOUR PAPER TODAY.
1. Sign for your computer.
2. Log in and go to Word.
3. Open a “NEW” document.
4. Choose Times New Roman, 14 pnt. font
5. In the top, right-hand corner- Type the following (single spaced; right justified)
6. Enter twice and type your title. Capitalize your title. Enter twice.
7. Go to PAGE LAYOUT at the top.Under “paragraph,” click the small arrow.
Go to “LINE SPACING” and choose DOUBLE.
8. Tab for your introductory paragraph, each body paragraph, and your conclusion.
9. Your WORKS CITED page will be your last page. You will type your heading (Name, date, class period) on it as well. When you are finished typing your entire paper, your Works Cited goes on its own page with your heading and the words “Works Cited” will be centered on the page. Your sources will be alphabetical and numbered. (See the following websites for examples):