Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Review for test...make sure you have these sentences and the answers!

DIRECT and INDIRECT OBJECTS:
Write the following sentences and label direct/indirect
Could you show Michael the school library?

Dan gave me the survey data.

I kicked the ball into the goal.

Tommy sold Ray his car.

The teacher assigned Kim a report for extra credit.

Types of sentence structure:
Simple   1 independent/ no dependent
Compound   2+ independent/no dependent
Complex  1 independent; 1 or more dependent
Compound-complex: 2 or more independent clauses; 1 or more dependent clauses.

Label each of the following sentences as: simple (S), compound (cd), complex (cx), or compound-complex (cd-cx):

Because we studied, we passed the test ____

Some trees and shrubs live thousands of years.

I studied, but I did not pass the test.

When you are doing research, organize your notes.

I play football afterschool every day.

As it happens, you’re right and I’m wrong.

John read his tiny nephew an exciting story.

The doctor gave me an excuse note for my absence.

Has your boss sent you a notice about the next meeting?

We gave my mother a book for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment